- Validate your feelings, “It’s okay to feel bad sometimes”
- Refrain from judging or placing negativity on your thoughts or feelings
- Give yourself a little extra comfort and soothing
- Listen to and respect your inner experience
- Reassure yourself that what you are experiencing will pass
- Remind yourself of all the wonderful things that you are
- Take action towards improving elements in your life that negatively affect you
- Commit to your physical health, cut back on drinking, improve eating habits and exercise regularly
- Invest in your psychological health (all of the items above take time and effort and don’t happen without some intention and inner work!)
- If you feel sad, angry, lonely, and unhappy more often than not, there is a good chance you are mistreating yourself more often than you might realize….
The good news is, I know a good shrink 😉
Click here to learn more about setting up an appointment with me.